I’ve been struggling with dropping down the last 20-30lbs pounds of post baby weight, for a year already! I hate the way I feel and look. I know I don’t look my best and it bothers me so much and I know the only person responsible to change that is me.
I’ve made up my mind to commit to 6 week program of salad being my main dish as mentioned in Eat to Live book by Dr Fuhrman.
Eat to Live 6-Week Plan
From the book Eat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss by Dr. Joel Fuhrman
UNLIMITED (eat as much as you want):
- all raw vegetables, including raw carrots (goal: 1 lb. daily)
- cooked green vegetables (goal 1 lb. daily)
- beans, legumes, bean sprouts, or *tofu (minimum 1 cup daily in total of these)
- fresh fruit (at least 4 daily).
- eggplant, mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomato and other non-starchy vegetables, cooked and raw (unlimited)
*Beans should be eaten daily; tofu should be eaten less frequently.
LIMITED (not more than one serving):
- cooked starchy vegetables OR whole grains–Maximum 1 cup per day (butternut or acorn squash, corn, sweet potato, brown rice, cooked carrots, whole grain breads*, whole grain cereals*)
- raw nuts and seeds (1 oz. or 28.5 grams a day) or 2 ounces avocado
- ground flaxseed (1 tablespoon a day)
- soymilk, low-sugar preferred–Maximum 1 cup a day
*avoid breads and cereals as much as possible
- dairy products
- animal products
- between meal snacks
- fruit juice, dried fruits
- salt, sugar
NUTS and RAW SEEDS, but not ground flax, are optional for obese or overweight persons while they follow this weight loss plan. People who have difficulty losing weight may also eliminate the starchy vegetable/grain.
This has worked wonders for me in the past. After my wedding, my hubby and I stuck witht his program and lost 30lbs in one year.
My goal is to lose the excess weight by the end of December.
I will be blogging about my journey!
My 6 week ends: SUNDAY OCTOBER 7TH. I’ll share how much weight i’ve lost.
Wish me luck!